- Five high-performance mic/line inputs with limiters
- Direct outputs per input, pre/post and mic/line selectable
- Ultra-light and strong metalized-carbon-fiber top and bottom chassis panels
- Integrated two-track 16- or 24-bit audio recorder to SD/SDHC cards, Wave or MP3
- 44.1, 48, 48.048, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Four-track AES3 digital output running at same SR as recorder
- Front-panel control of mic/line input & phantom status with LED indication at each input
- Sweepable high-pass filter with silent engagement
- 92 dB of gain (maximum) from input to analog output
- Sunlight-viewable, 21 segment Peak/VU meters with zoom mode
- Stereo linking of inputs 1 & 2 and 3 & 4
- Two return audio inputs for two-camera confidence monitoring
- Extensive headphone monitoring including input solos, record source, and return audio
- Powered by four AA batteries or external 10-18 VDC
Field mixer with five transformer-balanced mic/line inputs with phantom, high-pass, and limiters. Multiple outputs include XLR mic/line master outs, direct out, and two AES/EBU outs (four-channels). Built-in two-channel recorder (SD/SDHC card). Battery (4-AA) or external DC powered.
552 Five-Channel Portable Production Mixer with Built-In Recorder
The Sound Devices 552 Production Mixer uses top analog and digital technologies, along with advanced mechanical construction, to give professionals a superb sounding, compact, lightweight and power-efficient mixer that is equally at home in simple run-and-gun applications or in complex multi-input, multi-output production setups.
Portable Studio Quality
The 552 contains five precision, high-dynamic-range, transformer-balanced microphone inputs with expanded gain and headroom. The studio-grade inputs have their own limiter, sweepable high-pass filter, and pre-or-post-fade direct output.
Multiple Recording Sources
The 552 integrated digital audio recorder writes industry-standard Broadcast Wave files to SD and SDHC cards. The recorder is ideal for applications where a high-quality, 24-bit local recording is required. Either the outputs or combinations of inputs and outputs can be assigned as record sources.
The 552, like all Sound Devices products, is built to withstand the physical and environmental extremes of field production. Top and bottom chassis panels are made from molded, metallized carbon fiber for superior durability and weight reduction. The front panel is gasketed for water resistance.